H&S – Why Bother?
- Legal – Civil & Criminal
- Moral – fundamental to employment relationship
- Financial – approx. £500 per head per year largely uninsured costs
Key figures for Great Britain (2014/15)
- 1.2 million working people have a work-related illness
- 2,538mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures
- 142 workers killed at work (excluding road deaths)
- 76,000 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 611,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 27.3 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £14.3 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions
Why do employers need H&S advice?
- Worried/Recognise own weakness
- Professional Advisors
- Insurance Requirements/Concerns
- HSE/LA Enforcement Action
- Accidents/Injury Claims
- Customer Requirements/Expectations – CHAS, Safecontractor, etc.
Why choose South West Safety Management?
I believe I am unique, or certainly very rare, in the experience I have, which helps in my role, as the graphic shows.
- Practical Skills
- Track record
Who are my customers?
- Vets & GPs
- Plant & Equipment Hire
- Motor vehicle repair and coaches
- Office & Retail
Typically, my best customers are;
- 10 – 50 employees
- Generally owner managed
- Within 50 miles of Gloucester
- “Committed but disorganised”
How do I attract customers?
- Professional Contacts – Solicitors, HR, Accountants, Insurance Brokers
- Informal Networking – CIPD, Legal Updates/Seminars, Events
- Growth Hub
- Website – http://www.swsafetymanagement.co.uk/
- Referral from current & previous customers
- HSE Enforcement Register
- Subbing at formal network meetings
- Repeat/Continuing business.